To Be – HR Solutions
WHAT I ENJOY DOING
Last 15 years out of 30+ years of my professional career I enjoyed the most challenging assignments such as
Managing the transition of HR while undergoing complex Mergers and Acquisitions spanning continents as well as local.
Enabling a growth oriented Organization Development ecosystem by deploying effective and time bound HR initiatives.
Leveraging technology for building a right size team and monitoring per person productivity.
Building HR initiatives around Senior Leadership Team building, Roles and Skill alignments, Strength Oriented role allocation, Talent identification to Talent engagement and developed strong Business partnership.
8000 employees managed thru a team across locations. Do include words such as Asia Pacific...etc. Do also mention that you had positively influenced business outcomes by managing HR. Once you put these 5-10 lines on paper, the second paragraph could be the content which is right now in your first paragraph. This way, you will build credibility and catch attention in the first 5-10 lines. Post that, the recipient will be interested in knowing about your passion (which is currently your first para)
After more than 30 years of corporate life when I decided to pursue my independent venture in to advisory space, I reflected on my career of last 15 years with the one organization and how it underwent massive changes.
I strongly believe that EXPERIENCE is not WHAT HAPPENS to you but WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS to you. I learned a lot in last 15 years how to help navigating the organization through complex and challenging period and still GROW. I ENJOYED the journey the most.
Every entrepreneur, at whatever stage they are in organization life cycle, has GROWTH agenda. Fundamentally effective management for any organization is the truth that all organizations, like any living organisms, have a lifecycle and undergo very predictable and repetitive patterns of behavior as they grow and develop.
At each new stage of development an organization is faced with a unique set of challenges. How well or poorly management addresses these challenges, and leads a healthy transition from one stage to the next, has a significant impact on the success or failure of their organization
TO BE successful is the only answer and our advice and interventions focuses on partnering with the Entrepreneur/CEO to jointly understand and address the current state and TO BE state.
I have vast experience in Coaching High Potential managers. Apart from India, I have undertaken coaching assignments in US and Europe for their local talents. Leadership Development is one of the core interest area for me.
I also have exposure to HR Capability audit and help in developing effective HR function for the organization.
In my corporate role I have successfully handled several M & A related challenging HR Integration projects starting with due diligence to rolling out integrated business.
Recruitment business and training delivery business is not in my enjoyment list and I believe that in advisory role it creates conflict of interest.
• Develop understanding with the client and agree on Maturity level of organization in corporate life cycle (Diagnostic approach) which includes
o Start-up organization such as new entrant in Indian market- typically new MNC
o Entrepreneur setting up new business line
o Ongoing business in SME segment
• Understand strategic direction and help in organization structuring in order to increase efficiency and identify capability gaps.
• Based on understanding of strategic direction and aspirations, help in people capability building to meet future leadership requirements
• Look at the process and systems to address the future requirements of business
• Help in formulating HR policies to attract good talents
• Provide framework to create engaging environment for good talent and key contributors
• Help in creating or developing process of succession planning, talent management and performance planning suitable for the organizational need.
• Interim HR services and help in selecting right HR leadership if required
• Identifying the individual and organization capability needs and build interventions and programs for organization effectiveness.
• First step in our approach is to have preliminary discussion with Entrepreneur/CEO to capture the current stage of the organization in terms of Corporate Life cycle and where they would like TO BE. (No commercial attached!)
• We submit our understanding paper and our level of confidence in partnering for advice and interventions. It is also critical to identify the priorities for interventions.
• Develop constructive partnership with HR function for avoiding future dependency on Advisor and smooth transition at the end of assignment.
- Master of Social Work
- B Sc.
Senior Director HR, South Asia, Sanofi India, Mumbai, India
01-Oct-1992 to 30-Apr-2013
Job Type : Full Time
• Partner with the CEO as a member of the senior management team to develop strategies that meet the growth of the business
• Provide day-to-day leadership of the HR function, which is focused on being ahead of the growth curve of the business.
• Create and implement a proactive recruiting process that will attract outstanding talent at all levels of the organization in a timely manner.
• Work with the CEO to identify and retain key leaders.
• Recommend to the CEO programs that will facilitate the growth and retention of future leaders and high potential Managers.
• Foster the continued development of appropriate HR infrastructure, processes and operational efficiencies to maximize current business strategy.
• Promote the development of a high-performance culture unique to Sanofi-aventis that creates an empowered environment, which respects all employees and maintains a high-performing team.
• Assume true ownership of responsibilities and work diligently to ensure goals and objectives are met and exceeded at all levels within the organization